Rudi Völler wants to visit Franz Beckenbauer

Torwandschießen mit Mario Götze,Franz Beckenbauer,Rudi Völler -das aktuelle sportstudio,10. 08.2013 After his farewell to the Bundesliga stage, Rudi Völler will soon be planning a visit to his world champion team boss Franz Beckenbauer.

"I also had contact with Franz. Of course he would have liked to come. Unfortunately, he is not doing so well. Lothar, I and Andi Brehme are in contact with him. We promised him to visit him for the next few weeks," said Völler the TV broadcaster "Sky" on the edge of the game against SC Freiburg.

Under Beckenbauer, Völler had celebrated its greatest success with the 1990 World Cup title.

Völler is said goodbye to Bayer after 21 years in boss Franzing management positions. He won't lie down entirely on the lazy skin, according to the former world-class striker. "In Italy, I will be more often. I always like to say that I have become a bit half a Roman. It is related to my family, my wife, my children," added Völler, who once played for AS Rome and had also met his wife in the Italian capital.

Völler is not completely away from football. He will continue to belong to the Bayer shareholder committee. And he doesn't want to miss the Leverkusen Champions League games. "I will stay in football and say my opinion from time to time," said the former DFB team boss, who had reached the World Cup final with Germany in 2002.

Comments